Food contributes to your overall health. Be it providing your body with the right nutrients or maintaining an overall younger appearance, you are what you eat.
Did you recently spot a crow’s feet when you took some time off your busy schedule and looked at your image in the mirror for a good five minutes? Or a smile line maybe? It’s about time you start caring for your skin.
What is Skin Ageing?
When your skin starts getting damaged by free radicals and the collagen production slows down, premature wrinkles, dry and loose skin starts showing. With constant exposure to sunlight, pollution, harmful cosmetic chemicals, and paraben; our skin tends to show signs of ageing.
Here are the top 5 foods that will help restore the elasticity of the skin while producing collagen.
Top 5 Anti-Ageing Foods for Skin:
- Pomegranates - One pomegranate has 28 mg of Vitamin C that is a superfood for your skin. It reverses damage caused by free radicals and helps in the production of collagen.
- Blueberries - Filled with antioxidants, blueberries protect the skin DNA and prevents sun spots, wrinkles, and sagging skin. These little fruits repair skin from inside out smoothening the fine lines.
- Greens - Who can deny the million health benefits that greens pose to your body? Kale and spinach contain phytonutrients, beta-carotene, and lutein that improves skin elasticity and guards skin against sun damage.
- Olive Oil - Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, consuming a tablespoon of olive oil a day improves blood circulation leaving your skin supple with a healthy glow.
- Avocado - These have tonnes of mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fats in them. Avocados are also a good source of antioxidant that fights against free radicals preventing skin wrinkles and premature ageing.
Bonus Health Benefits of Anti-ageing Foods:
Besides keeping you young inside out with a healthy glowing skin, the above-mentioned foods also benefit your health in many other ways.
- Shining hair and strong nails
- Toned physique
- Improved blood circulation
- Normalises blood pressure
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes
The key to looking younger is a healthy lifestyle with a nutritious diet. For any skin conditions, consult a dermatologist near you. Book online appointment through ZOYLO.