Safety and sanitation have been the way of living since the spread of the pandemic. Despite all the precautions in place, many people have fallen prey to this contagious virus. However, the recovery from COVID-19 has also been good and many people have recovered well from this disease. While it is too crucial to follow hygiene protocols all the time, the post-recovery sanitation rituals are also very important to ensure safety from re-infection and arrest the spread of the infection to other family members. Right sanitization should be in place for maintaining basic hygiene at home and specifically disinfect the infectious traces left by the Covid-positive person. Here we have explained how to disinfect one’s house after COVID-19 recovery to make it safe for others amid coronavirus infection. So, let’s keep reading the post now!
Understanding about cleaning and disinfecting:
Cleaning and disinfecting are two different things and investing time in both the processes is crucial at this point of juncture. The cleaning involves removing the contaminants from the surface and disinfecting involves removing pathogens or viruses on the surface.
Tips to clean and disinfect the home:
Here are a few tips to clean and disinfect the home during and after COVID-19 recovery:
- Wear reusable and disposable gloves while you clean and disinfect the place where you live in
- Clean the porous surfaces like carpets, rugs, and drapes using soap and water or launder them if possible
- Disinfect the used electronics like mobile phone, remote controls, tabletops, TV panels, touch screens, tablets, and other electronic items with 70% isopropyl alcohol
- Clean hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Clean the filters and upgrade with the highest-grade filters to reduce the risk of transmission through the air
- If possible, keep a separate bedroom and bathroom for children who are sick
- Eat separately. Also, wash and clean the utensils by wearing disposable gloves using hot water
How to clean and disinfect the surface?
Daily dusting is not going to help in sanitizing the house at the point of time. Cleaning and disinfecting the house regularly with the solution is the only way to stay safe from the infection.
Here are a few ways to clean and disinfect the surfaces:
- Wear disposable gloves to clean and disinfect and discard them properly after use
- Always prefer using quality disinfecting sprays and solutions
- Keep the rooms closed for a day after disinfection
- Not just floors, but also clean the frequently-touched surfaces in the kitchen or washroom like the basin, racks, and sinks every alternate day with sanitizer or soapy water.
Precautions to be taken while using chemical disinfectants:
Here is a list of safety measures you should follow when using disinfectants as it can impact your health. Be cautious as they can cause harm, especially if not used as directed:
- Make sure you have good ventilation while using the chemical product
- Wear glasses or goggles for potential splash hazards to the eyes
- While using the chemicals, dilute as recommended on the label
- Label the excess cleaning solution
- Never mix the chemicals or products
- Don’t bath or wipe the pets with the cleaning or disinfectant solution
- Never inject the cleaning or disinfect solution into your body as they can cause serious harm
- Don’t overuse disinfectants
Microbes are all around us. But, a good cleaning and disinfecting practice at home are the key measures that can help to get rid of the COVID-19 virus. The above-listed run-throughs can help you and your family stay safe and protected.