Businesses and organizations have already set-up different strategies to give a promising and healthy workplace to all their employers during the on-going COVID-19 pandemic fight. Though we witness a growing number of positive cases each day, taking proper measures and following strict government guidelines promptly can flatten the curve. Also, to overcome the challenging times and to ensure a safe return to the workstation every day, the staffs, workers, employers, and the management should closely work together to control the spread of the virus. Yes! The right measures at workstation assure you a safe and confident work environment for everyone.
In this article, let’s go through a few tips to stay safe and healthy while continuing the work in corporate locations.
Play your role:
The basic health and safety measures should be in place to protect yourself and others in the community during the pandemic times. Don’t ignore, side line, or compromise with the preventive guidelines.
- Practice respiratory and hand hygiene procedures as per the government guidance
- Maintain 2m distance in the workplace to avoid transmission risk
- Do not crowd-up in the cafeteria and refreshment area
- Wear a face mask to cut down the risk of contracting the virus
- Correctly dispose off the used tissues in closed bins
- Disinfect and clean all the used areas frequently
- Mental and psychological issues are common these days. Hence, if required, get psychological support from the supportive employees or the doctors to mitigate mental health concerns
- Ensure to get proper and increased ventilation through the natural aeration process
- In the case of re-circulation of air, regular cleaning of AC or other electronic device is required
- Be vigilant! Monitor your symptoms and if feeling sick, go home immediately
Boost your immunity naturally:
A good immune system can help you fight diseases. Yes! Your defence ability depends strongly on your immunity levels irrespective of the nature and intensity of the disease. Giving your immune system prolonged care can help the body to defend against invaders. While we fight together during the pandemic times, here are a few measures which every individual can follow to build immunity!
- Include more immune-boosting foods in your diet like carrots, citrus fruits, spinach, leafy green vegetables, strawberries, broccoli, sweet potatoes, cantaloupes, etc.
- Never skip your daily exercise. Try doing light home workout exercises to improve blood circulation and to flush toxins out of the system.
- Get a proper 7 to 8 hours of sleep every day. Well! This helps the body to naturally repair and recover from all wear and tear process that occurs inside the system.
- Drink enough water and stay well hydrated. Include fruit juices and coconut water in the diet to boost the immunity.
- Munch on healthy snacks during the office hours
- If you are not getting the right nutrients from the diet then never compromise! Take supplements like Vitamin D, zinc, and Vitamin C right away to boost the immune system.
Stressed? Manage health concern through corporate health initiative programs:
Organizations are taking major initiatives to deal with employees’ spectrum of concerns caused due to isolation from the society, imminent economic recession, lack of transparency in COVID-19 information, and the fear of getting infected. All these factors may bring severe impact on mental health. Well! To expel out the feelings of anxiety, depression, and stress, many corporates have started health initiatives like stress management, remote yoga sessions, and sleep management to address health concerns and to bring positivity among the employees. It also shapes the working environment to improve both personal and professional skills. Not only this, employees are also encouraged to go for psychiatric consultations, if needed. Never undermine these initiatives and take active participation as they are meant for your wellness.
Corporate health initiatives provide convenient and quality health care for all the employees to improve their health. So, manifest your time and adopt the simple health measures to boost stamina, while we navigate through the global health challenge.
All employees should strictly adhere to the workplace protocols set out during the COVID times and should participate in all the corporate health initiatives for maximizing the health potential and to achieve an amazing work and home life balance.
Let workplace safety be the first priority!
Stay safe and stay healthy always!